About the course
Whether you earned a library science degree or entered the profession from another career, this Professional Certificate program will help you take your career as a public library manager or director to the next level. With our team of professors and expert practitioners, you’ll hone your skills in budgeting and finance, personnel, diversity, identifying community needs, strategic planning, managing infrastructure, marketing, and grant writing.
The program will be taught through job-embedded assignments that will help make the learning relevant while strengthening your capabilities. Those who complete the program and earn the Professional Certificate will be well-prepared for public libraries’ common management responsibilities.
What you will learn?
- Understand your community’s wants and needs via various assessment tools and synthesize them into a plan;
- Be an effective fiscal steward via budgeting, long-term planning, and savvy financial practices;
- Gain an awareness of how to plan for maintenance, infrastructure, utilities, technology, and related expenses;
- Manage a thriving workforce via effective diversity practices, hiring, evaluation, and other personnel issues;
- Promote the work of the library through marketing and public relations practices;
- Expand the library’s impact via effective grant writing and crowdfunding efforts.
- Identifying Community Needs for Public Library Management
- Managing a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace for Public Libraries
- Personnel Management for Public Libraries
- Budgeting and Finance for Public Libraries
- Infrastructure management for Public Libraries
- Strategic planning for Public Libraries
- Grant Writing and Crowdfunding for Public Libraries
- Public Library Marketing and Public Relations
₹26,648 For the full program experience.
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.