University of Maryland offers 6 months online Professional Certificate in Program Management and the Art of Communication. You may have heard that “90% of a project manager’s work is communication.” Well that’s even more true as a program manager. But do you know why communication is so important and what is good communication for making projects successful?
If you have even a little project management experience, you know communication is no longer just the transfer of information and giving directives to project managers and project teams. Modern communication theory is based upon creating shared understanding – “the coordinated management of meaning.” And nowhere is it more important to manage and coordinate meaning – and understanding – than in programs and projects.
This certificate program is not just about theory; it also give the working project manager aspiring to program management practical tips and tools to help them improve their most important skill: communication. You’ve worked hard to gain the Project Management Institute, Inc’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification or similar project management certification. And, you have mastered the PMBOK guide (“A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge) communication knowledge area while preparing for the PMP exam.
What you will learn?
- How to design your communication so that you enhance your audience’s understanding.
- The power of blending logic, emotions, and your personal presence to increase your persuasive abilities.
- Best practices for effectively handling the complex information flows in programs and projects.
- How to use coordinated management of meaning tools to build program or project teams, negotiate with stakeholders, and convince executives to support your programs/projects.
- Effective Communication for Project holders & teams
- Persuasion and Presence for Program and Project Managers
- Managing conflicts on Projects with Cultural and Emotional Intelligence
- Designing Project Information Hubs for Program and Project Performance
- Storytelling That Delivers Program and Project Outcomes
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.