About the Program
Programming knowledge is not only useful for programmings today’s devices such as computers and smartphones, it also opens doors to the valuable skill of computational thinking, i.e. the application of computing techniques to every-day processes.
In this professional certificate program, you will learn how to write code in Java, understand the basics of OOP and how to use software engineering techniques.
The program will begin with introducing fundamental programming concepts, such as functional abstraction, OOP paradigm, and APIs. Then, we will focus on how to write “good” programs, where “good” is to be understood from several perspectives: correctness, efficiency, software engineering techniques, and ethics. Lastly, you will learn about fundamental data structures, such as sequences and algorithms on them, such as searching and sorting.
What you will learn?
- Develop simple programs in Java making use of conditionals, loops, and recursion
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm, as well as use the API of some of the most common Java classes
- Detect and correct common programming errors at compile-time and runtime
- Compare the efficiency of programs in terms of resources used
- Model simple programs using basic software engineering techniques
- Develop and use basic data structures including lists, stacks, queues, and trees
- Develop and use linear and non-linear data structures and implement algorithms for efficient searching and sorting of data.
- Introduction to Java programming: Starting to code in Java
- Introduction to Java programming: Writing good code
- Introduction to Java programming: Fundamental data structures & Algorithms
To know more and enroll for this course, click the link below.
Note: NoticeBard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.