About the Course
The power sector is at a critical juncture. We urgently need to reduce the fossil fuel intensity of our power generation mix and, in many countries, power sector reform can bring other benefits, such as improvements in health and economic growth.
In this program, leading academics from Imperial College London, alongside NREL and experts from industry, will explain why and how to clean up the power sector in your country, illustrated with current, real-life case studies and practical advice. Key global figures from the public and private sector add their own personal and professional perspectives to this course.
The Clean Power Program includes best-practice power sector reform policies from the perspectives of legislators, policymakers, the energy sector, investors and civil society.
The first course will explain the way that clean power fits into a wider set of political priorities, such as health, technology, energy security, economic growth and the environment, in any country or region. In the second course, the policy landscape for the power sector is described in detail, demonstrating how policies can help stimulate the growth of clean power. The third course outlines the challenges and solutions to integrating different types of power sources into one stable, reliable system.
What you will learn?
- How to balance different political priorities to deliver clean power policies
- What benefits clean power implementation can bring to different countries around the world and, specifically, what they bring in your context
- What makes a successful, renewables-friendly policy environment
- How to attract finance for your clean power projects
- How to deliver secure and affordable clean power
- How to integrate a high volume of variable renewables into a grid successfully
- Why move Towards Cleaner Power
- Creating a Pro-Renewables Environment
- Incorporating Renewable Energy in Electricity Grids
₹9,937 For the full program experience.
4 Months (2-5 Hours per week).
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with Edx through an affiliate programme.