About the Course
Networking is important for job hunters, people changing or entering careers, entrepreneurs, and people in all areas of business. This four-course, 16-week program provides learners with English grammar and vocabulary to identify and expand their social networks.
Learners will explore their current network, write emails, create an “elevator speech,” prepare for and attend a networking event, as well as to conduct informational interviews to strengthen their job skills. This program is appropriate for an audience who speaks English as an additional language at the intermediate level.
What you will learn?
- Describe what networking is and how it can help you reach your professional goals.
- Identify your goals for networking.
- Introduce yourself in English, keep a conversation going, and leave the conversation.
- Write professional emails to make new contacts and follow up with people in your network.
- Identify your network and your unique characteristics and skills.
- Use LinkedIn and business cards to make and maintain connections with your network.
- Use informational interviews to expand your network.
- Preparing to Network in English
- Using Email for Networking in English
- Attending a Networking Event
- Conducting an Informational Interview
- Daphne Mackey Instructor University of Washington
- Joel Ozretich Instructor University of Washington
- Richard Moore Instructor University of Washington
To enroll in this course, click the link below.
Note: Noticebard is associated with edX through an affiliate programme.