All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set up in November 1945 as a national-level apex advisory body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner.
AICTE’s J & K Cell deals with Implementation of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
The J & K cell is responsible for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives of Prime Ministers Special Scholarship Scheme to J&K Students.
Roles & Responsibilities
An expert group was constituted by Prime Minister on 18th August 2010 in the context of enhancing employment opportunities among youths of Jammu & Kashmir and to formulate job plan involving public and private sectors.
Every year fresh scholarships were given to J&K Students to pursue undergraduate studies outside the State of Jammu and Kashmir for improving their skills by providing access to education.
The scheme had started in 2011 and modified from time to time to make the Scheme student friendly. Main objectives of the Scheme are as under:
- Evolving guidelines for proper implementation of the scheme to fulfil the objectives.
- To Conduct Awareness Workshops about the Scheme.
- To Conduct Counselling for admission of candidates to different programs/courses.
- Disbursal of Scholarship for the eligible Candidates.
- Redressal of Grievances of PMSSS Candidates.
- Candidates having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir and passed 12th examination from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K in the academic year 2018-19 or 2017-18 only.
- Candidates who want to take admission under Lateral Entry Scheme have to pass Diploma in Engineering from the Polytechnic Institutes recognised by J&K directorate of technical education during AY not earlier than 2017-18. Admission under Lateral Entry Scheme will be subject to vacant seats available during the academic year 2018-19 in Engineering Stream only.
- Common merit list will be prepared for candidates who register themselves on the portal of AICTE for allotment of seats during counselling for the academic year 2019-20.
- Having a family income of Rs. 8.00 Lakh or less per annum.
Which stream of education
Amount of scholarship
- Academic Fee reimbursable by AICTE shall be at actuals for all the components taken together with a maximum ceiling of Rs. 1,25,000/- for Professional Streams which includes Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, HMCT, Architecture; Rs. 30,000/- and for General Stream and Rs. 3,00,000 for Medical Stream
- The ceiling for maintenance expenses will be Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum for all streams and will be paid through PFMS mechanism in candidates account directly.
- Maintenance during the first year will be released in 9 instalments i.e. the first instalment of Rs. 20,000/ on verification of joining report by the Institute and eight monthly instalments of Rs. 10,000/ per month.
- The release of the monthly instalments would be subject to online verification of student’s attendance by the concerned institute every month.
- If the absence of student is not communicated before 15th of the concerned month, it will be assumed that student is present for the month and monthly emoluments shall be transferred into students account.
How to apply
To apply, click here.
For any kind of Queries/Complaints may contact 0120-244-6701.