Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 for Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles.
About Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2021 for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) under the aegis of the National Defence Fund, was introduced from the academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
From the academic session 2019-20, this scheme has further been extended for the dependent wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/Naxal attacks.
No. of Scholarships
- For the wards of CAPFs & AR, total of 2000 Scholarships (equally for both girls & boys) under PMSS will be given for each academic year in addition to renewal cases of previous years.
- The shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys if applicants (Boys/Girls) are selected less than 1000.
- Similarly, total of 500 scholarships will be given to the wards of State Police Personnel who are martyred during Terror/ Naxal attacks in equal number to the Boys and Girls (i.e. 250 for boys and 250 for girls).
Duration of Scholarship
Up to five years (depending upon the duration of the course being pursued by the applicant and as approved by the respective regulatory body).
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 3000/-per month for girls
- Rs. 2500/- per month for boys
- To be paid annually after selection @ Rs 36,000/-to each girl & Rs 30,000/- to each boy
Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ)
- For being eligible for the scholarship under PMSS, an applicant should have secured minimum 60% marks in MEQ i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation as the case may be.
- MEQ for entry to various professional courses differs. For example MEQ for MBBS is 10+2 whereas for BE/B.Tech it is 10+2/Diploma. It is graduation for B. Ed and MBA.
Payment of Scholarship
- The Scholarship amount under PMSS from the academic year 2021-22 onwards for applicants selected under fresh and renewal categories would be credited/ transferred directly into the Bank accounts of the selected applicants through Public Finance Management System (PFMS) under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Programme of the Government.
- Submission of bank particulars including account number of nationalized bank by the applicant duly seeded with Aadhaar Number is mandatory.
How to Apply?
All the eligible applicants need to apply online on the website of National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
October 15, 2021