Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme for Wards of RPF Personnel: Apply by Sept 30
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was announced by the then Hon’ble Prime Ministers of India in his address to the nation form the historical Red Ford on 15th August, 2005. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2008-09 for RPF. It was introduced to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex/Serving RPF/RPSF personnel and widows (below the Rank of Gazetted officer)
A total number of 150 students (from academic session 2015-16) have been earmarked to RPF for an academic session. Half of the scholarships are reserved for female candidates i.e. 75. Shortfall in fresh cases shall not be adjusted from girls/boys, if applicants (boys/girls) are available less than 75. It is also mentioned that un-allocated quota in any gender may not be utilized for other category (boys/girls).
- Students who have taken regular admission in 2017-18 are only eligible for PMSS 2017-18. Students should have secured 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 12th Std., Diploma/Graduation. The scholarship is admissible for only two wards per family and should be ensured by the beneficiaries as well as by the concerned zonal railways/RPSF.
- Professional Degree Courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBS, BCA, MCA B. Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Medical Council of India(MCI), University Grants Commission (UGC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) etc. (Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA.
The amount of scholarship would be as follows:
- 2000/- per month for male students
- 2250/- per month for female students
The payment of scholarship will be granted after approval of the DG/RPF as per order of merit in each year.
The duration of scholarship is One to five years as per duration of course.
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- The last date to apply is September 30, 2019.
- Final compiled list of eligible candidates will be prepared by Security Directorate, Railway Board by 20th October for onward submission to PMO.
Phone Number: 23303484 (Rly)
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.