Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
- A total number of 5500 wards / widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for scholarship in each academic year.
- Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls i.e. 2750 each.
- Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- Scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
- Amount of Scholarship:
- Rs. 2500/- pm For Boys
- Rs. 3000/- pm For Girls
Students Eligible for Scholarship
- Students who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated Course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS.
- Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible (except for integrated courses – where 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as professional course). In such cases student need to apply for scholarship on taking admission as per ‘Para 18 of Important Instructions’ available at link PMSS – New Application – How to Apply for Scholarship.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard personnel.
- Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
Priority for Grant of Scholarship
Order of preference for selection of candidates will be as under:-
- Category 1 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Category 2 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
- Category 3 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 4 Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 5 Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
- Category 6 Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
The Eligibility Criteria for PMSS Courses are As Under :
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
April 30, 2021 [Dates Extended]
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click the link below.