The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship (PMRF) scheme is aimed at attracting the talent pool of the country to doctoral (Ph.D.) programs of Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs), Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Central Universities (which are among the top 100 National Institutional Ranking Framework, NIRF ranked universities) for carrying out research in cutting edge science and technology domains, with focus on national priorities.
The following would be the fellowship for the PMRFs:
- Year 1: Rs. 70,000
- Year 2: Rs. 70,000
- Year 3: Rs. 75,000
- Year 4: Rs. 80,000
- Year 5: Rs. 80,000
Apart from this, each Fellow would be eligible for a research grant of Rs. 2 lakhs per year (total Rs. 10 lakh)
The tenure of fellowship will be four years for students from integrated courses and five years for B. Tech (or equivalent) students. The selected students who have completed MTech/MS/ME after completing a qualifying BTech, and join PMRF will get 4 years of fellowship.
The applicants for the PMRF should:
- have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or five year integrated M.Tech or five year integrated M.Sc. or 2 year M.Sc. or five year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from IISc/IITs/NITs/IISERs/IIEST and centrally funded IIITs.
- have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate or five year integrated M.Tech or five year integrated M.Sc. or 2 year M.Sc. or five year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programs in Science and Technology streams from any other (not covered in a.) Institute / University recognized in India.
- have qualified GATE and be pursuing or have completed M.Tech. / MS by Research at IISc/IITs/IISERs having a minimum CGPA or CPI of 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) at the end of the first semester with a minimum of four courses.
- have completed the required academic qualifications in (a), (b) or (c) in the preceding three years from when the application is submitted.
- The Project abstract should clearly articulate the area of the study and should display keen interest and insight on the subject chosen.
- The Project abstract should formulate a problem for the study which would be used for assessing the applicant’s analytical and research skills.
- The topic chosen should be in frontier areas of science and technology, preferably, focusing on national priorities.
- There should be at least two referee names provided by each applicant for the Selection Committee to seek feedback.
- Click here to apply online.
- The deadline for submission of applications is 11.30 pm, 15 October, 2019.
For any queries, contact
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +91-8330913053