South Asian University (SAU) is an International University sponsored by the eight Member States of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). The eight countries are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. South Asian University started admitting students in 2010, at a temporary campus at Akbar Bhawan, India. Its permanent campus will be at Maidan Garhi in South Delhi, India, next to Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the post of President of South Asian University (SAU) established by the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC). The President has to steer the University to an institution of excellence in higher learning.
- The President should be a person with a global perspective and outstanding academic excellence and having at least 10 years of teaching and research experience at the level of Professor in a recognized University or academic institution.
- The person should also have proven professionalism and leadership qualities.
How to Apply?
- The applications in the prescribed proforma with curriculum vitae, research publication details, and references should reach Under Secretary (SAARC), Ministry of External Affairs, Room No. 1056, A Wing, Jawaharlal Nehru Bhavan, Janpath, New Delhi 110 001 not later than 31st October 2019 by E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Speed Post/Courier in a sealed envelope mentioning “ Application for the Post of President, SAU” on it.
- Ministry of External Affairs is not responsible for applications not reaching the addressee by the stipulated date for any reason, whatsoever.
- To download the application form, click here.
Phone Number: +91-11-24122512-14;