Applications are invited for the Pre Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste Students From Tripura State by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
Objective of Scholarship
Objectives of the scheme are:
- To support parents of SC children for the education of their wards studying in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
- To improve the participation of SC children in classes IX and X of the pre-matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
Scholarship under the Scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where he is domiciled.
Condition of Eligibility
- The student should belong to Scheduled Caste.
- His/ her Parent/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- He / she should not be getting any other Centrally-funded Pre Matric Scholarship. However benefit of National Means-cum- Merit scholarship scheme of D/o School Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development can be availed by the beneficiaries of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC students.
- In pursuance to the provision of Section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act 2016, a student is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar Authentication. If not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, student is required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment.
- She/ he should be a regular, full time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
Annual Parental/Guardian’s Income
Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2, 50,000/- (Rupees two lakh fifty thousand only) per annum.
Value of Scholarship
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:
- scholarship and other grant,
- additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
The details are as follows:
Rates of scholarship and other grants will be as follows:
|Scholarship (Rs. p.m.) (for 10 months)||225||525|
|Books and Ad hoc Grant (Rs. p.a.)||750||1000|
Selection of Candidates
- All eligible Scheduled Caste candidates will be given scholarships as prescribed in this Scheme.
- Candidates belonging to one State but studying in another State will be awarded scholarships by the State to which they belong and will submit their applications to the competent authority in that State.
Duration and Renewal of Awards
- The scholarship will be payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The award once made will continue subject to good conduct and regularity in attendance. It will be renewed for Class X after the student passes Class IX.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
Feb 20, 2021
For more details, click the link below.