Applications are open for Prathiba Scholar Visiting Programme 2019 at IISER Thiruvananthapuram during May-July. Apply by March 15.
About the Institute:
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram is one of seven IISERs, institutes established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The institute awards five-year integrated Master of Science degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
About the Programme:
IISER Thiruvananthapuram offers a two-month visiting programme during summer 2019 for Prathiba Scholars to enable them to work with IISER faculty during May-July. Candidates can apply to only one school and will have to choose 3 (in case of Mathematics 2 faculties) faculties (in order of their preference) in the respective school where he/she would like to work.
Every effort will be made to assign a faculty requested by the candidate in the choice sheet during application, but it is not guaranteed. Hence it is possible that the selected candidates may be assigned, different faculty.
Two reference letters from teachers who know the candidate well enough to write with candor, detail, and objectivity about the candidates academic and personal achievements and potential should be completed online directly by the referees on or before 15th March 2019.
- Bachelors and Masters students who are Prathiba Scholar in science with an inclination towards research in basic sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics) are invited to apply for the programme.
- Preference will be given to 2nd year BSc and 1st year MSc (or equivalent degree) students.
- Prathibha Scholar Status Verification Certificate issued by KSCSTE.
Accommodation (between 15 May and 25 July 2019) and Mess facilities will be provided at nominal cost.
Click here to apply.
- Last date and time of the receipt of online application and references: March 15.
- The announcement of selected candidates: April 10, 2019.
- Receipt of e-mail Acceptance from the candidate: April 20, 2019.
- Phone: 0471-2778009 , 2778044 , 2778028.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application guidelines and other details, click here.