About the Organiser
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, formerly Regional Engineering College, Rourkela is a publicly funded premier institute of higher learning for engineering, science and technology located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India.
About the Event
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), NIT Rourkela chapter, is an eminent Student Chapter for Chemical Engineering and related branches of our college. Since its inception in 2016, the club has achieved laurels and represented NIT Rourkela at the International Annual Student Conference (ASC) held at Pittsburgh, the USA in 2018, and at Orlando, Florida in 2019. It has also set milestones in the regional competitions at Student Regional Conference (SRC) previously held at Vellore and Pune.
The Student Regional Conference (SRC) is a national level conference cum competition which aims at exposing students to the industrial trends, and knowledge, focusing on Process Safety and Emerging Technologies. Every year the SRC comprises interactive sessions, Technical workshops, and the most anticipated Chem-E-Jeopardy Competition. Students from all over India representing numerous universities and some of the foreign universities from Sri Lanka, Philippines, Bangladesh, etc. participate in this mega event.
31st August 2019, AIChE NITR was declared the host of SRC 2020. A wave of rejuvenation ran through all the members, however, 2020 put the world into quarantine along with our hopes of hosting the SRC. But just like a phoenix “Prajwalit” rose from its own ashes. “Prajwalit- Igniting the chemical engineering minds” will be held from 9-11 October 2020 virtually. The first-ever virtual SRC will have some traditional events that have been signatures of every previous SRC and also some brand new events that work well with the online platform. Here is a rundown of all the events:
- Workshops – Online workshops on industry-leading software MATLAB and Aspen.
- Chief Guests- Chief Guest are eminent personalities in the field of academics, Prof. Yunus Cengel, Prof. B K Dutta and Mr. Debasish Chakraborty are sure to inspire to strive for excellence and grace the event.
- Guest Lecture from Prof. H Scott Fogler from the university of Michigan, is scheduled during the conference.
- Chem-e-safe – A fun event challenging your problem solving and tactical skills.
- Chem-e-jeopardy – A traditional jeopardy quiz with some extra rules added for some extra fun.
- Paper and poster presentation – Undergraduate students present papers and posters based on their research and battle it out for the prize money.
- K-12 – An online K-12 session to instil in the K-12 students a love for chemical engineering and the wide career options that can open up.
- Virtual Concert – Riddles Band will be performing their beats live during the event to boost the enthu.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the event through this link.
Conference Chair, Prajwalit
AIChE Student Regional Conference 2020
Noticebard is proud to be the media partner for this event.