About the Summer School
The Prague Summer School on Crime, Law and Psychology aims to invite students of different backgrounds who are eager to discover the interrelation of crime, law and psychology and willing to combine a challenging academic environment with the holiday excitement.
Benefits of Summer School
- Learn more about the application of psychological knowledge to criminal law
- Get involved into discussions with academics from the UK and US Universities, practitioners and fellow students
- Gain your own perspective on the role of psychology in criminal justice systems
- Enjoy having fun with new friends from different parts of the world
Who is it for
The Summer School is designed for students and recent graduates interested in the application of psychological approaches and research methods to criminal justice.
The classes of the Summer School will focus on:
- Jury Systems, Selection, and Perceptions of Evidence
- Psychology of False Confessions
- Expert Testimony
- Detecting Deception
- Non-standard Police Lineups
- Privacy and DNA Databases
- Proof of Identity and Eyewitness Identification Procedures
- The Psychology of Police Interviews
- Wrongful convictions
- False Confessions
- False and Recovered Memories
- Interviewing to Detect Deception
- Registrations before 31 January: 740 EUR
- Registrations after 31 January: 790 EUR
The program fee covers:
- Tuition and reading materials
- Accommodation in double rooms for one week
- Half board which includes breakfasts, dinners and coffee breaks
- Prague public transportation tickets and maps
- Site visits, social program, and cultural and special events
Note: Students are responsible for their travel to Prague, lunches and personal expenses.
How to Apply
To apply for the Summer School, click here.
- Early Bird Registration: 31 January 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 31 March 2019
For further information about the Summer School, visit the official website.