The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences – Research (AIMS Research) is pleased to invite prospective postdoctoral fellows who hold a PhD degree in any mathematical science discipline to apply for one of fifteen postdoctoral fellowships available through the AIMS Postdoctoral Research Fellow Program (AIMSPostdoc).
The postdoctoral research fellowships will be provided for projects on any topic that is relevant to the understanding, modelling, and/or response to climate change. Projects must have a substantial quantitative content. The ideal project will combine theory with data, and will have one or more practitioners as collaborators. However, exclusively theoretical projects may also qualify for funding.
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least a PhD degree (or a recognized equivalent) in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research within the climate change sciences and its related areas.
- Knowledge/interest in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- At least one of the fellow’s supervisors should hold an affiliation with AIMS.
This is a two year extendable research position with a maximum total cost to AIMS of CAD 32,000 (Rs. 16,70,420) per annum.
Applications should be submitted using the online application form, and should contain the
following supporting documents:
- a completed personal details form,
- a completed research proposal form,
- a letter of motivation which outlines why you should be offered this position,
- most recent transcripts and attestation, and
- a current CV
For any queries, e-mail: AIMSPostdoc@nexteinstein.org