The Laboratory for Nano-scale Optics and Meta-materials in the Department of Physics at IIT Ropar is looking for a postdoctoral research fellow to work on the experimental project- nanophotonic control of NV centers in nanodiamonds for applications in quantum technologies.
The position is contractual (renewable up to maximum for three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute postdoctoral fellowship scheme.
The project involves the experimental studies of the spontaneous emission from nitrogen-vacancy centers (NV), modified using nanophotonics structures. We expect the postdoc to be the part of the team to build a state-of-the art optical experiments to measure the emission in both frequency and time domain at low temperature environments.
Who can apply?
- Ph.D. degree in Physics or related area are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining.
- Candidates completed Ph.D. under the supervision/co-supervision by faculty members of IIT Ropar can only apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- We expect the candidate should have published papers in the photonics related area in international journals of repute and must have good communication and writing skills in English.
- Experience in working with optical cryostat, nano-fabrication, micro-wave based experiments, and LabVIEW based instrumentation is desirable.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for the interview (offline or online). No TA/DA will be given to candidates for attending the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview by email and no other communication in this regard will be entertained.
How to apply?
Please send the filled application form (in the attached format) with copy of educational qualifications, date of birth certificate, two recommendation letters, and any experience certificate either by email as a single pdf file to (rvnair[at]iitrpr.ac.in) or by post directly to the undersigned.
15th February 2021.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).