Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Research Associate (PRAs) positions at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune, India. These positions are open for candidates with 0-5 years of experience after the submission of their Ph.D. thesis. Candidates should provide evidence of having carried out high-quality research. Appointments will be made for two years at a time with a maximum tenure of three years.
PRAs can either work independently or may be associated with a specific group depending upon their research interests and infrastructural support/supervision required to carry out research. PRAs in Mathematics will be expected to teach one course each semester.
Candidates who have completed their Ph.D. in the fields of Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Earth & Climate Science or Physics with 0 to 5 years of experience are invited to apply.
Selected candidates will be forwarded to DST-SERB through the institute for consideration for financial support.
How to Apply?
Candidates should apply along with the following documents:
- A cover letter that mentions the department (Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Climate Science, Mathematics or Physics) and faculty with whom you would like to work.
- A detailed academic CV including a complete list of publications.
- A statement of research interests (Research Proposal): You should submit a short research proposal not exceeding 2-3 pages (excluding bibliography and figures) including the origin and significance of the problem, the objectives and research methodology.
- Only proposals developed in consultation with the faculty member(s) of interest will be considered.
- Candidates may apply by email by sending the following documents to email@example.com.
The last date to apply is June 1, 2020.
Candidates who are short-listed based on the quality of their CV and research proposal would be interviewed, either in person or by video link, before the final selection is made.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org