Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for a postdoctoral position in the group of Dr. Mukesh Kumar, Department of Physics, IIT Ropar. The candidate will be working on “Ultra-wide bandgap materials for solar-blind photodetector and power electronics’’.
The position is contractual (renewable up to maximum for three years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the institute postdoctoral fellowship programme.
About IIT Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar is one of the eight new IITs set up by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, to expand the reach and enhance the quality of technical education in the country.
This institute is committed to providing state-of-the-art technical education in a variety of fields and also for facilitating transmission of knowledge in keeping with latest developments in pedagogy. These two areas of focus will enable students to gain exposure to recent trends in their chosen domains of study and gain practical experience through a wide variety of activities the institute facilitates in its own campus and arranges for in collaboration with industry and other institutes.
- PhD. degree (Physics and appropriate areas) holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Candidates completed Ph.D. under the supervision/co-supervision by faculty members of IIT Ropar can only apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
- Should have expertise in thin film deposition techniques (Polycrystalline and Epitaxy), device fabrication (Lithography process) and characterization.
- Basic programming skills.
- Good quality publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
How to apply?
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to the undersigned by email. The form (word file) may be downloaded The application form (word file) can be downloaded by the IIT Ropar website using. For your convenience, it is also provided below.
Last date of submitting application form and recommendation (by email) is 20-10-2020.
Dr. Mukesh Kumar