Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for a postdoctoral position in the QuIT (Quantum Information and Technology) group led by Dr. Asoka Biswas, Department of Physics, IIT Ropar. The position will be funded by the IIT Ropar under the Institute postdoctoral fellowship programme.
Title of the project
Role of coherence in finite-time quantum thermodynamics
- Expertise in theoretical quantum information/quantum optics
- Basic programming skills in C/FORTRAN/Python/Matlab
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals of international repute.
- Good communication and technical writing skills in English.
- Candidates with PhD in Physics are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their PhD.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva voce (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months only in exceptional cases).
- Candidates who completed PhD under the supervision/co-supervision by faculty members of IIT Ropar can apply only after 3 years of completion of their PhD.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva voce; after completion of viva voce, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/-, depending upon the experience and qualification).
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to the undersigned by email.
Last date of submitting application form and recommendation letters (by email): 11th February 2021.
Dr. Asoka Biswas