About the Fellowship
The University of Pennsylvania’s Andrea Mitchell Center for the Study of Democracy invites applications for a one-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in any discipline whose research is pertinent to the theme of the Center’s 2018-2019 faculty workshop series, “Reverberations of Inequality.”
In addition to pursuing independent research, the postdoctoral fellow is expected to:
- attend monthly workshops connected to the faculty series and contribute to the events’ lively discussions
- teach one undergraduate course related to their academic interests
- co-lead a research seminar for Mitchell Center undergraduate fellows
- attend other Mitchell events whenever possible
Applicants should have received the PhD no earlier than May 2014 but must have completed all requirements for the PhD by September 30, 2019.
The stipend is $53,800 plus benefits, including health insurance.
- Title and Description of Two Undergraduate Course Proposals
- Title and Description of Proposed Research Study
- 3 Confidential Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample
- Cover Letter
How to Apply
The applications are required to be made by Application Interfolio.
The last date to apply is 17 February 2019.
For further information about the fellowship, visit the official website.