One post of Postdoctoral Fellow is to be filled up on purely temporary basis for an RUSA 2.0 Sponsored Project entitled: “Efficacy of ethanolic extract of Mucuna pruriens in pre-clinical animal models of ischemia induced cellular degeneration and identification of the probable bioactive components and molecular mechanisms”-in the Department of Anatomy, Dr.ALMPGIBMS, Univ. of Madras.
- Qualification: First Class Postgraduate degree in Anatomy/Neuroscience (Faculty of Medicine). Ph.D. in Anatomy / Neuroscience.
- Age: Up to 40 years
- Preference: Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications or conference proceeding in field of the project.Ability to travel to various places in connection with collection, analyses of samples etc shall be preferable.
- Work experience in Animal experiments especially animal surgery to create spinal cord injury / cerebrovascular occlusive stroke / myocardial infarction modeling / testicular torsion modeling, functional scoring based on animal behavior etc is mandatory.
- Experience in herbal science research involving extraction and concentrating the products and characterizing the components using GCMS/HPLC highly desirable
- Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications
- Knowledge in computer software for documentation (MS office products), data analyses using statistical software (Graphpad / SPSS) and ability in administrative tasks pertaining to the project will be viewed as an additional qualification
- Experience in area related to the project viz. spinal cord injury / cardio vascular research/ neuroscience research is highly desirable.
Applicants may also be submitted their applications through e-mail to venkatsankar[at]yahoo.com
The cover should be super scribed as “Application for the post of Post Doctoral Fellow/ Project Fellow post code ………….. under RUSA 2.0 Project”.
The Candidates are asked to send the application with cover letter along the CV, copies of relevant certificates and proof for experience/publications if any, to The Professor & Head, Department of Anatomy, Universtiy of Madras, Dr. Arcot Lakshmanaswamy Mudaliar Post Graduate Institute Of Basic Medical Sciences, Taramani, Chennai 600 113., through Post.
Last date for submission of the filled in application is 08.04.2021 up to 5.00 PM.
One Year (Extendable depending on performance).
As per RUSA 2.0 guidelines issued by University of Madras (Rs. 55,000/- per month consolidated. Total tenure 2 Years or as prescribed by the University of Madras at the time of appointment).