Self-motivated candidates are invited to apply for a postdoctoral position in the group of Dr. Partha S. Dutta, Department of Mathematics, IIT Ropar. The candidate will be working on “Dynamical Systems/Mathematical Biology’’. The position is contractual (renewable up to maximum for two years based on satisfactory progress and relevant recommendations), and will be funded by the IIT Ropar.
- Should have expertise in dynamical systems and mathematical biology.
- Adequate programming knowledge of MATLAB/C++/R/Python is needed.
- Good quality publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Good speaking and writing skills in English.
- PhD. degree holders are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their PhD.
- Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in case of selection, selected candidate has to complete the PhD viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases).
- Candidates completed PhD under the supervision/co-supervision by faculty members of IIT Ropar can only apply after 3 years of completion of their PhD.
As per the institute postdoctoral fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
Completely filled and signed application form (enclosed) along with bio-data and two recommendation letters should be sent to the undersigned by email.
Last date of submitting application form and recommendation (by email) is 05-12-2020.
Dr. Partha Sharathi Dutta