Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellow (Chemical Engg) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 August.
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar invites applications for the position of Postdoctoral Fellow in the research group headed by Dr. Hari S. Ganesh. The title of the project is “Multiparametric Scenario-Based Stochastic Model Predictive Control Development and Application to Smart Buildings”.
The candidate is expected to develop and/or apply an advanced model predictive control technique (MPC) to a smart building system and compare the control performance against conventional MPC. To accomplish the task, the candidate is expected to have knowledge of control theory, optimization, and numerical methods.
Knowledge of MPC, optimal control, adaptive control, and moving horizon estimation is desirable. Moreover, computer programming skills in either MATLAB or Python is required. Independent work, good writing skills, and excellent communication skills are desired in addition to the aforementioned technical skills.
PhD (graduated or submitted thesis) in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, and related fields.
Interested candidates are requested to send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Postdoc_HSG_IITGN_2021”. The documents must be combined into a single pdf and emailed as an attachment.
- Resume containing details such as date of birth, educational qualifications including CGPA/percentage marks, list of publications, experience, and contact details such as email address and phone number.
- A one-page summary of past research.
- A one-page write up about the motivation to take up the postdoc position and future career goals.
- Transcripts of course work starting from undergraduate education.
- Two letters of recommendations emailed directly by the referees to the above email id.
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online. The last date for receiving applications is August 30, 2021.
1 year (extendable for 1 more year based on performance and/or funding availability).
Rs. 50,000 + Rs. 10,000 HRA per month.
Click here to view the official notification of Postdoctoral Fellow (Chemical Engg) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in: