One post of Postdoctoral Fellow is to be filled up on a purely temporary basis for a RUSA 2.0 Sponsored Project entitled: “Efficacy of ethanolic extract of Mucuna pruriens in pre-clinical animal models of ischemia induced cellular degeneration and identification of the probable bioactive components and molecular mechanisms”-in the Department of Anatomy, Dr.ALMPGIBMS, Univ. of Madras. Taramani, Ch-113.
Up to 40 years
As per RUSA 2.0 guidelines issued by the University of Madras (Rs. 55,000/- per month consolidated. Total tenure 2 Years or as prescribed by the University of Madras at the time of appointment)
Essential Educational Qualification
- First Class Postgraduate degree in Anatomy/Neuroscience (Faculty of Medicine)
- PhD in Anatomy / Neuroscience
- Work experience in Animal experiments especially animal surgery to create spinal cord injury / cerebrovascular occlusive stroke / myocardial infarction modelling / testicular torsion modelling, functional scoring based on animal behavior etc is mandatory.
- Experience in herbal science research involving extraction and concentrating the products and characterizing the components using GCMS/HPLC highly desirable.
- Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications Knowledge in computer software for documentation (MS office products), data analyses using statistical software (Graphpad / SPSS) and ability in administrative tasks pertaining to the project will be viewed as an additional qualification.
- Experience in the area related to the project viz. spinal cord injury / cardiovascular research/neuroscience research is highly desirable.
Proven academic and research excellence in the form of quality publications or conference proceeding in the field of the project. The ability to travel to various places in connection with the collection, analyses of samples etc shall be preferable.
Duration and Nature of Post
- One Year (Extendable depending on performance)
- The post is to be filled up on a purely temporary basis. The duration of the post is coterminal with the project.
How to Apply?
- The Candidates are asked to send the application with a cover letter along with the CV, copies of relevant certificates and proof for experience/publications if any, to The Professor & Head, Department of Anatomy, University of Madras, Dr. Arcot Lakshmanaswamy Mudaliar Post Graduate Institute Of Basic Medical Sciences, Taramani, Chennai 600 113., through Post.
- The cover should be super scribed as “Application for the post of Post Doctoral Fellow/ Project Fellow postcode ………….. under RUSA 2.0 Project”
- Applicants may also be submitted their applications through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the interview.
April 8, 2021
For more details, click the link below.