Applications are invited for the Post Matric Scholarships for Scheduled Tribe Students from the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe Students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
These scholarships are available for the students in India only and are awarded by the Government of the State/ Union Terriortity to which the applicants actually belong i.e. where permanently settled.
- The scholarships are open to nationals of India.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions.
- Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribes so specified in relation to the State/ Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Examination are eligible.
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of the course.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible.
- The scholarship will be paid to the students whose parent/ guardian’s income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/-.
Value of the Scholarship
- Maintenance Allowance
- Provision for students with disabilities
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study Tour Fees
- Thesis Typing/ Printing Charges
- Book Allowance for students pursuing correspondence
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
The last date to apply is February 20, 2021.
For more details, click the link below.