Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students in Bihar: Apply by March 25
The objective of the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students in Bihar is to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant is permanently settled.
- The scholarships are open to the nationals of India.
- The candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory in which the applicant is permanently settled will be eligible.
- The candidates who have passed the matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or
post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions.
- Candidates who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in different subject (e.g. I.Sc. after I.A. or B.Com. after B.A.) will not be eligible.
- Students after having completed their educational career in one professional line (e.g. L.L.B. after B.T./B.Ed.) will not be eligible.
- Students pursuing Post Graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the under graduate or post-graduate examinations in Arts, Science or Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate, diploma or degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible.
- Employed students whose income combined with the income of their parents or guardians does not exceed the maximum prescribed income ceiling are made eligible to post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- All children of the same parents or guardians will be entitled to receive benefits of the scheme.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship or stipend.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Central Government or State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching programme.
Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:
- Maintenance allowance
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study tour charges
- Thesis typing/printing charges for Research Scholars
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses
- Book bank facility for specified courses
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities
How to Apply
To apply online for the scholarship, click here.
The last date to apply for the scholarship is 25 March 2019.
For further information about the scholarship, visit the official notification.
About the Author