Applications are invited for Post-Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 November.
Name of Schemes
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers.
- Either of the parents of the students should be Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker with atleast six months service. This also includes Contract/Gharkhataworkers also.
- Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under :-
- BeediWorkers – Rs.10,000/-
- Mine Workers –
- i) The Mine workers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
ii) The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
- Cine workers – “An amount not exceeding Rs. 8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or instalments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.”
- Candidates for the award of scholarships should have taken regular admission for studies at recognized institutions in India in any course of general or technical education, including medical, engineering and agricultural studies. However, the following category of students are not eligible for award of scholarships under the scheme :-
i) Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject. e.g. B.Sc. after B.Com.or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
ii) Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line, continue education in a different professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T. or B.Ed.
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mine workers).
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque(which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary)
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
- I to IV (for purchase of dress/books etc.): Rs. 250 (Both girls & boys)
- V to VIII: Rs. 940 (Girl) & Rs. 500 (Boy)
- IX: Rs. 1140 (Girl) & Rs. 700 (Boy)
- X: Rs. 1840 (Girl) & Rs. 1400 (Boy)
- PUC I & II: Rs. 2440 (Girl) & Rs. 2000 (Boy)
- ITI: Rs 10,000 (Both girls & boys)
- Degree Course: Rs. 3000 (Both girls & boys)
- Professional Courses (BE / MBBS / BSc.- Agri.): Rs. 15000 (Both girls & boys)
Interested and eligible candidates can apply here for the same.
Click here to view the official notification of Post-Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers.
You may also be interested in: