IIT Roorkee invites applications from meritorious candidates for admission into its Post-Graduate Programs for the academic sessions starting from July onwards.
The postgraduate programs in Engineering and Architecture include 41 full-time specialized programs leading to M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. degrees. In addition, the departments of Hydrology and Water Resources Development and Management, also offer PG Diploma programs.
- Regular Candidates including GATE qualified Foreign candidates
- Full-Time Sponsored Candidates: Full time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programs but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee. The candidates will be called for Interview/written test on the basis of their results of the qualifying degree.
- Part-Time Sponsored Candidates (Three years duration): Part-time sponsored candidates with GATE and without GATE can apply for admission to different academic programs but their admission will be based on performance in an Interview/Written Test to be held at IIT Roorkee.
- Architecture and Planning: B.Arch. or it’s equivalent or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engg./ B.Planning.
- Hydro and Renewable Energy: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Industrial/Chemical/Electronics/ Computer/Agricultural/ Environmental Engg. or equivalent.
- Chemical Engineering: B.Tech./B.E. in Chemical Engineering/ Chemical Technology.
- Civil Engineering: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engg./Chemical Engg./Environmental Engg.
- Earthquake Engineering: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engg. or equivalent.
- Electrical Engineering: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engg. or it’s equivalent.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering: Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Communication Engg. or it’s equivalent.
- Computer Science and Engg: B.E./B.Tech. degree in Computer Science & Engineering/ Information Technology.
- Hydrology: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/ Agricultural Engg./ Hydrology or equivalent. M.Sc./M.Tech. in Chemistry/Geology/ Geophysics/ Applied Geology/Applied Geophysics/Physics/ Meteorology/ Geography Atmospheric Physics.
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engg. or it’s equivalent.
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering: B.Tech./B.E. in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/Production Engg/ Production and Industrial Engg /Ceramic Engineering.
- Water Resources Development & Management: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engg. or its equivalent / Agricultural Engg. or M.Sc. Agriculture in Agronomy, Soil Science, Agrometeorology, with Mathematics as one of the papers at the level of B.Sc./B.Sc. Agriculture.
- Physics: B.Tech (Engg. Physics)/ Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Metallurgical Engg. or it’s equivalent.
- Nanotechnology: B.Tech. (Met. & Mat. Engg./Mech. Engg./ E&C/Electronics/ Chemical Engg./ Biotechnology/ Civil/ Biochemical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/ Bioengineering/ Polymer Engg/ Polymer Technology.
- Disaster Mitigation and Management: B.Tech. (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology /Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent.
Admission to Postgraduate programs for the academic session 2020-21 in different academic programs leading to M.Tech./M.Arch./M.U.R.P. degrees including M.Tech. degree after M.Sc., for full-time regular students with MHRD assistantship, will be made on the basis of valid Normalized GATE marks only. Sponsored candidates may be admitted through an Interview/ Written Test.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates have to pay an online fee of Rs. 300/- (for general candidates) and Rs. 150/- (for PD/ SC/ ST candidates).
- To apply online, click here.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she possesses the required eligible qualification and has valid GATE marks in the required discipline.
- The last date to apply is April 15, 2020.
Phone Number: (01332) 284010
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in NISER Bhubaneswar M.Sc & Ph.D. Admissions 2020.