XIM University, Odisha, and IlluminatiX concluded TEDxXIMUniversity, with stellar success on February 13, 2022 from 6 to 7.45 PM.
The theme for this year’s event was “Fortifying Futures.” It was a private event for the stakeholders of XIM University, with a web telecast on zoom owing to the pandemic situation.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading, often in the form of short talks delivered by leading thinkers and doers.
Many of these talks are given at TED conferences, intimate TED Salons, and thousands of independently organized TEDx events around the world. Videos of these talks are made available, free, on TED.com and other platforms. Audio versions of TED Talks are published to TED Talks Daily, available on all podcast platforms.
TED’s open and free initiatives for spreading ideas include TED.com, where new TED Talk videos are posted daily; TEDx, which licenses thousands of individuals and groups to host local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; the TED Fellows program, which selects innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
The Audacious Project, which surfaces and funds critical ideas that have the potential to impact millions of lives; TED Translators, which crowdsources the subtitling of TED Talks so that big ideas can spread across languages and borders; and the educational initiative TED-Ed.
TED also offers TED@Work, a program that reimagines TED Talks for workplace learning. TED also has a growing library of original podcasts, including The TED Interview with Chris Anderson, WorkLife with Adam Grant, Far Flung with Saleem Reshamwala, and How to Be a Better Human.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection.
These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.
About the theme
TEDxXIMUniversity’s theme of fortifying future intends to bring change and secure the future of our closely-knit MBA community. As graduates, we will be part of multiple situations where we will have to be on our toes and deliver up to the mark.
To meet these expectations and excel at every front, one will have to develop a sense of security in all aspects. We aim to develop an understanding of securing one’s future from all dimensions and widen the scope of opportunities.
We hope that a comprehensive understanding of various facets of life such as financial, physical, mental, social, and cyber will help us ensure a fortified future.
Topics under the Theme
- Security in a Social Sense
- Economic Security
- Protecting yourself: Kinesthetics
- Cybersecurity: How to protect yourself online
- Biosecurity: Developing a healthy immune system
- Building your walls
- Prof. Soumendra Mohan Patnaik, President of the Indian Anthropological Association- He was also the member of Governing Body of Sri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi, and former Vice-Chancellor of Utkal University and Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology. Prof. Patnaik enlightened us on the topic, Security in a Social Sense.
- Mr. Akshay Gupta, Senior Associate at Boston Consulting Group- Mr. Gupta is a distinguished alum of XLRI Jamshedpur. He is a passionate entrepreneur and has built his start-up with immense zeal. He shared his experience and insights on the topic “Economic Security.”
- Mrs. Shikha Chauhan, Pro-MMA Fighter- Mrs. Chauhan is a fighter trained in various foundational styles of Martial Arts like Karate and Kickboxing. She has won numerous championships, including a Gold Medal at the 11th GFI National Grappling Championship, 2018. Supplemented by a background in Psychology, Mrs. Shikha is also a self-defense trainer for Delhi Police Women Wing. She shed her views on the topic “Protecting yourself: Kinesthetics.”
- Prof. Arpan Kumar Kar, Chair professor at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, he carries vast experience in the domains surrounding machine learning and big data analytics, cyber security, impact assessment of large-scale national projects of governments, and social media. He shared his insights on the topic “Cyber Security: How to Protect Yourself Online.”
- Dr. Anirban Basu, Scientist and Senior Professor at the National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana- A neurobiologist primarily interested in neurovirology and neuroimmunology. He also sits on various boards like the Journal of Neurochemistry and the Journal of Neuroinflammation. Dr. Basu shared his thoughts on the topic “Biosecurity: Developing a Healthy Immune System.”
- Dr. Aruna Broota, Psychologist- She is an acclaimed mental health expert, a trained psychologist, a revered people-transformation expert, and a highly sought-after employee engagement expert with the world’s leading corporate conglomerates, schools, and colleges. Dr. Broota shared her opinions on the topic “Building Your Walls.”
The team thanks all the speakers, administration, media partners, audience, and everyone who contributed to the event’s smooth functioning and flawless execution.
- IlluminatiX – The Media & PR Cell, XIM University (New Campus), Bhubaneswar
- Email: media-nc[at]xim.edu.in
- Phone No: +91 9654005801
NoticeBard is proud to have been the Media Partner of this event.