IISER Tirupati invites applications from meritorious candidates for its Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program for the year 2020.
IISER Tirupati has an active Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program to enable highly motivated young researchers to conduct research in the frontier areas of Science and Technology. Applications are invited twice a year, in April and October, for the appointment of post-doctoral fellows in the various research areas.
The Institute may give exceptions in terms of the number of years of experience in the case of highly meritorious candidates, with prior approval of the Competent Authority. PDRFs have to get associated with a specific research group depending upon the research and facilities /mentorship required to carry-out research.
- Algebraic Geometry (Prof. D. S. Nagaraj)
- Number Theory, Complex Geometry (Dr. Anilatmaja Aryasomayajula)
- Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis (Dr. R. Lakshmi Lavanya)
- Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, K-theories (Dr. Girja Shanker Tripathi)
- 2D Materials and Electrochemistry (Prof. Vijayamohanan Pillai)
- Nanomaterials for Biological Applications (Dr. Jatish Kumar)
- Spectroscopic Study of Proteins and Nucleic Acid (Dr. Soumit Sankar Mandal)
- Computational Chemistry (Quantum or Classical) (Dr. Padmabati Mondal)
- Soft Matter Theory and Simulation (Dr. Rakesh S. Singh)
- Developmental biology (Dr. Ramkumar Sambasivan)
- Plant stress biology (Dr. Annapurna Devi Allu)
- Plant development and applied genetics (Dr. Eswar Rami Reddy)
- Molecular Oncology and cell signaling (Dr. Pakala Suresh Babu)
- Chromosome inheritance and genome stability (Dr. Viji Subramanian)
- Hydrodynamics of active matter suspensions – theory and simulations – (Dr. Tapan Chandra Adhyapak)
- Experimental and phenomenological studies of QCD matter in high energy heavy-ion collisions (Dr. Chitrasen Jena)
- Bio-Microfluidics and Soft Matter – Experiment (Dr. Dileep Mampallil)
These positions are open for those with experience of 2 years or less, from the date of award of the Ph.D. degree. Those who have submitted thesis and are awaiting award of degree can also apply. Such cases, if selected, will be considered as extended Senior Research Fellows till the degree is awarded.
The Institute may give exceptions in terms of number of years of experience in case of highly meritorious candidates, with prior approval of the Competent Authority
Rs. 47,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules if the candidate produces the Ph. D. Certificate. Otherwise, Rs. 35,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules for those candidates whose Ph. D. degree is awaited. However, the candidate must produce a letter from competent authority stating that the thesis has been submitted and the final viva/defense is pending. The nominal research grants will be available under this program.
Following selection to the IISER PDRF program, applications for competitive postdoctoral fellowships by the fellow may also be forwarded to DST-SERB or other agencies (DBT-RA, CSIRRA, ICMR, etc.) through the Institute
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates should contact faculty working in the below-mentioned research areas at IISER Tirupati and identify a research project with the mentor to host the Fellowship.
- To apply for the fellowship, click here.
- The last date to apply is June 10, 2020.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the quality of their research work and proposal.
- The final selection will be made based on all the above criteria, specific areas of research and performance in the interview.
Phone Number: +91 (0877) 2500 400