Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship at IIM Jammu for the year 2022. The last date of application is 23 April.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Jammu is launching the Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program from 2022. Postdoctoral training is imparted for scholarly development and career advancement for individuals who have obtained a doctoral degree. It would be instituted in IIM Jammu as part of its research outreach activities. Up to five fellowships would be made available per year.
IIM Jammu aims to provide an opportunity to young research scholars to pursue active research in their respective field of specialization (or an interdisciplinary field) within broad contours of business management. It is a fulltime program with a duration of one year, extendable for another year subject to satisfactory progress.
Institute will admit young researchers as institute Post-Doctoral Research Fellows. Under this scheme, PDRFs will carry out advanced research at IIM Jammu with a faculty member of IIM Jammu as a mentor.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. Degree from institutions of high repute like IIMs, IITs, IISERs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, Central/State Universities, or an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIM Jammu can apply within five years of completion of their Ph.D. The thesis must be in appropriate disciplines.
- Those who have submitted their thesis for Ph.D. degree may also apply. However, such candidates are expected to complete the Ph.D. programme and submit provisional degree at the time of joining or original Ph.D. degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining as PDRF.
- From the Ph.D. thesis, at least one research publication should be in ABDC category journals/ conference proceedings.
- Applicants must have a consistently good academic record and demonstrated research potential.
- A Ph.D. degree holder from IIM Jammu is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience and under the mentorship of other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
- The age limit for applications for the PDRFs is a maximum of 35 years (this limit may be relaxed by 5 years for women, PWD and SC/ST applicants)
- Both Indian and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for PDRF. If selected, before joining the Institute, a foreign national candidate will have to obtain required permission from concerned authority of the Government of India.
- Economics, Business Environment and Strategy
- Finance and Accounting
- IT Systems & Analytics
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Operations and Supply Chain
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Last date for receipt of Online Application is 23rd April 2022.
- Each fellowship will carry a monthly Stipend of ₹ 70,000/ p.m. consolidated, depending on the level of prior experience of the chosen candidate. In addition, a contingency grant of Rs.50,000/- per annum will be provided. The entire duration of the fellowship will be for a fixed period of one year, with continuation of fellowship in the second-year subject to satisfactory performance in the first year.
- The IIM Jammu would pay ₹ 1,00,000/- (upper limit) for attending one reputed international conference during their entire tenure with the post-doctoral program, on a reimbursement basis, upon production of receipts. This conference grant can be accessed only after completing the first year of the fellowship program and submission of one joint research paper with IIM Jammu faculty member for publication in a reputed journal (at least category B in ABDC journal rankings).
Phone No: 0191-2585837.
You may also be interested in: