Indian Institute Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, offers Post Doctoral Fellowships (PDF) with a view to providing an opportunity for young research scholars to undertake independent research work in advanced areas of engineering and technology.
Their research is expected to contribute to theoretical, conceptual and technological advancement in different disciplines. Postdoctoral students will have access to resources in their areas of interest available in the institute and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with the faculty and the institute.
The vacancies are available in the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics.
- The applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in the relevant field from reputed universities in India and abroad. Preference will be given to candidates who have completed their Ph.D. degree during the last 5 years.
- Candidates who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis are also eligible to apply.
- However, they are expected to successfully defend their Ph.D. thesis within six months from the date of their joining (if selected) and submit a provisional/ Degree certificate during the period.
- The applicants shall be less than 35 years of age; the age is relaxable by 5 years in case of exceptional candidates.
- The applicant may or may not specify the name of the mentor faculty member during the time of application.
- However, we encourage potential applicants to get in touch with prospective mentors before applying.
Each appointment will be made initially for a period of one year, and it may be extended for a further period of one year subject to satisfactory performance. Under no circumstances, the fellowship duration can exceed two years.
The fellowship amount will be Rs. 50,000/- per month for the first year and Rs. 55,000/- per month for the second year. The candidate will be eligible for conference travel and contingency subject to a maximum of Rs.1,00,000/- per year.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates shall apply in the prescribed format and enclose therein following details:
- Curriculum vitae
- Two Page write up on Ph.D. Thesis
- Two-page Statement of research
- One copy of all major Publications
- Two/ three reference letters from peers regarding his/her research capabilities and other attributes.
The application complete in all respect may be submitted to Dr. Binsu J Kailath Dean Academics Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Melakottaiyur, Off Vandalur- Kelambakkam Road Chennai – 600127.
Email ID: email@example.com