Applications are invited for the post of Post-doctoral Research Associate in the SERB sponsored project titled “Development of a diverse lab-on-a-chip platform for plastic electronics, microcatalysis, and biosensing applications using microlithography by directed self-assembly driven by laser-induced microbubbles”, at the Light-Matter Lab, Department of Physical Sciences, IISER Kolkata.
This project will involve experimental work with optical microscopes, lasers, associated optical equipment/devices, biological/chemical sample preparation, and analysis of microscopic amounts of substances using Raman/IR spectroscopy, SEM, XRD, XPS, etc.
- PhD in Physics, Material Sciences, Chemistry with expertise in Material Sciences, Biophysics, with experience in handling different equipment such as SEM, AFM, spectrophotometers, etc. Experience in optics/spectroscopy will be preferred. Candidates who have submitted their thesis can also apply. However, their fellowship will be as per existing norms of SERB.
- At least TWO first author papers in refereed scientific journals. Preference will be given to high Impact Factor journals, or papers with more than 5 citations.
- At least 60% in MSc in Physics/Chemistry, with CSIR-NET JRF or an equivalent qualification, and/or a valid GATE score.
- MTech in a professional course.
- Candidates with experience in working in an optics lab would be preferred.
Interested candidates should fill up the google sheet and also send an e-mail to Dr. Ayan Banerjee (ayan[at]iiserkol.ac.in) with subject ‘Application for RA position in IMPRINT project’. Applications should include an updated CV, and a statement of purpose of not more than 400 words explaining the candidate’s scientific interest in joining the Light Matter lab.
1 year, to be renewed strictly based on performance, with upgradation in salary as per SERB norms.
Rs. 47,000/- + HRA. HRA will be provided in the case of non-availability of hostel facility on campus.
Dr. Ayan Banerjee