Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position of PDRA (Post-Doctoral Research Associate) to work in an Indo-UK collaborative project titled “Transforming India’s Green Revolution by Research and Empowerment for Sustainable Food Supplies (TIGR2ESS)”.
The project aims to use the supply chain analysis techniques to capture the value chain for specific (crop/region) agricultural ecosystems. The study will quantify and model socio-economic (e.g. regional urbanization) and industrial drivers in Punjab (North India) region impacting current and future ecosystems. Selected food supply systems will be analyzed from a scarce resource perspective, in particular water resources, examining crop based water use, and digital supply-chain technology interventions.
The research work is a collaborative project of Institute for Manufacturing (IfM), University of Cambridge UK, Punjab Agriculture University (PAU), Ludhiana and Indian Institute of Technology Ropar (IIT Ropar). The project staff (JRF) might also get an opportunity to visit University of Cambridge, UK.
- Essential Qualifications: Doctorate or those who have submitted Ph.D thesis in Manufacturing or Industrial Operations Management or equivalent with at least one research paper in a Journal of repute.
- Desirable: Experience in the field of Lean/Green/Sustainable Manufacturing.
Interested candidates can apply online via this page. The applicants must send the following documents latest by January 05, 2021.
- A one-page cover letter describing background and motivation
- Application form duly filled-in
- Reference letter from at least one referee
8 Months or till the end of this project, whichever is earlier.
Fellowship amount is not a constraint for deserving candidates with an upper limit of 75000 per month.
Prof. Harpreet Singh