Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Centre for Public Policy at IIM Bangalore for the year 2022. The last date of application is 1 April.
There is an opening for a post-doctoral researcher to work on an exciting new project at the Centre for Public Policy, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore. The multi-institution project includes researchers from IIM Bangalore, IIM Ahmedabad, Cornell University, Princeton University and the University of Pennsylvania.
This is a 12-month position with a possible second year extension.
- The candidates must have ideally defended their dissertation (or at the very least, submitted their dissertation).
- We are a large interdisciplinary team that includes scholars from Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Chemical Engineering, and Urban Policy. A Ph.D. from any science or social science discipline with a substantive interest in the urban environment are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated econometrics expertise, especially spatial econometrics
- Advanced GIS skills including demonstrated experience with remote-sensing data
- Advanced coding skills in R and/or Python
- The selected candidate will work closely with the research team to develop the most detailed portrait yet of environmental injustice in urban India.
- Projects include characterizing inequality in access to access to environmental amenities (such as green spaces), and exposure to environmental harms (such as air pollution).
- The post-doc position allows ample time and support for developing their own personal projects beyond contributing to the collaborative project.
- The selected candidate will be supervised by Prof. Arpit Shah at the Centre for Public Policy, IIM Bangalore, with ample opportunities to work closely with the larger international team.
To apply, candidates should email the following documents to cpp[at]iimb.ac.in.
- Statement describing their research interests and fit for the position (1 page)
- Current CV
- Writing sample (ideally, a chapter from the dissertation or a published paper where the candidate is the primary author)
- Candidates will also have to fill the application online.
Closing date for applications is April 01, 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Post-Doctoral Research Associate- Centre for Public Policy at IIM Bangalore.
You may also be interested in: