Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Programme 2021 at ARIES, Uttarakhand. The last date of application is 31 December.
ARIES invites applications for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship programs (Regular Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship) throughout the year and selection will be made twice in a year.
Regular Post Doctoral Fellowship
- Qualification: Ph.D. degree holders, from a duly recognized (UGC) Indian or Foreign University/ Institute, in disciplines of Astronomy & Astrophysics or Atmospheric Science.
- Age: Not more than 35 years on the last date of submission of application.
- Fellowship: The emoluments are – (i) Fellowship Rs 47,000/- per month for a fresh Ph.D. (ii) Fellowship Rs 49,000/-per month for a Ph.D. with 1-2 years of post-doctoral experience. (iii) Fellowship Rs 54,000/- per month for a Ph.D. with more than 2 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Term: Initially for 1 year, renewable for a maximum of two more years after successfully clearing the review each year.
- Accommodation and house rent allowance (HRA): Hostel accommodation is provided to single PDFs if available. In the case of married PDFs accommodation may be provided if available. If candidate is staying outside the ARIES campus, HRA is provided as per Central Government norms applicable for Nainital.
- Medical facility: As per the institute’s policy for its employees.
- Book grant: Rs 5,000/- per year.
- International travel: Rs 1,50,000/-(Rupees One Lakh and Fifty Thousand only) in their entire tenure.
Candidates who have submitted Ph.D. thesis and awaiting the award of the degree in disciplines of Astronomy & Astrophysics or Atmospheric Science from a recognised University/Institute. The duration of the fellowship is only for a maximum of one year. Candidates should be below the age of 35 years.
The fellowship amount is Rs 42,000/- per month. Medical facility will be provided as per the institute’s policy for its employees. Hostel accommodation is provided if available. If candidate is staying outside the ARIES campus, HRA is provided as per Central Government norms applicable for Nainital.
Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship
Applications are invited for two positions of “Aryabhatta Post-Doctoral Fellowship (APDF)”. Candidates with outstanding academic records are encouraged to apply.
Applications are received throughout the year and selection will be made two times in a year.
|Qualification||Ph.D. degree holders, from a duly recognized (UGC) Indian or Foreign University/Institute, in disciplines of Astronomy & Astrophysics or Atmospheric Science.|
|Age||Should not be more than 32 years on the last date of submission of application.|
|Fellowship||Rs. 75000/- per month consolidated. (Applicable taxes as per Govt. of India norms)|
|Nationality||Indian citizens including people with NRI/PIO status as well as foreign nationals.|
|Duration||Initially for two years, extendable to one more year after successful review.|
|Research Grant||Rs.5.0 lakhs per year.|
|Travel Grant||Candidates will be provided economy class airfare to join the position. Foreign nationals/NRIs will also be provided return air fare. Additionally, a travel grant of Rs. 2.0 lakhs (for the complete tenure) is available for national/International conferences.|
|Accommodation||Furnished Accommodation will be provided in campus on nominal charge basis.|
How to apply?
Interested candidates may apply along with (i) CV with publication list, (ii) brief summary of Ph. D. work (not exceeding 1 page), (iii) a research proposal (not exceeding 2 pages) using ARIES facilities and (iv) Names of at least three researchers (one must be his/her thesis supervisor) who can provide a recommendation letter for the candidate. It is expected that research proposal to be relevant to the research at ARIES. (Apply here).
The last dates are 30 June and 31 December. The next round of screening will be done after the 31 December 2021 deadline.
You may also be interested in:
- National Urban Digital Mission Fellowship 2021 by MoHUA [20 Fellows, Amount of Rs. 60k]: Apply by Nov 24
- ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022-2023 [Stipend of Rs. 1.1 L]: Apply by Mar 31