JOB POST: Post-Doctoral Positions at IIT Palakkad [Multiple Vacancies]: Applications Open
Applications are invited for Post Doctoral Positions in the areas of Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Humanities and Social Sciences for research work at IIT Palakkad.
Note that a postdoctoral fellow needs to identify a faculty member with whom he/she would like to be associated. The application should be submitted only after you have identified the mentor and obtained his/ her consent.
- Holders of Doctoral degree from any recognized Institute/University are eligible to apply within five years of getting their doctoral degree.
- Maximum Age shall be 35 years at the time of applying (relaxation as per GOI rules will be given for women/SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates)
- Ph.D. students, who have submitted their thesis, also are eligible to apply. However, they have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as an Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF).
- If it is not submitted within the time limit, the appointment will stand canceled or a decision will be taken in consultation with the thesis processing authority.
- Normally, IITPKD Ph.D. scholars are not encouraged to apply for Institute PDF. However, outstanding candidates can apply.
- The candidate will have to identify a mentor in the Institute, get in contact with the mentor, and get his/her consent.
- The mentor will have to send a confidential letter of recommendation to the Dean R&D.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
Between Rs.45,000-55,000/- consolidated (depending upon experience and qualification). Suitable Hostel / Campus accommodation as per IIT norms will be provided if requested and if available. A contingency grant of Rs.1,00,000/- per annum will be provided to the Post-Doctoral Fellow for research purposes.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here.
Phone Number: 04923 226 300
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.