Post-Doctoral Fellowships Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, with the consistently good academic record and interdisciplinary research potential, for 4 (Four) full-time Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) to carry out research in various areas of industrial engineering at National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai.
National Institute of Industrial Engineering, formerly National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering, is a prestigious public management institute located in Powai near Vihar Lake in Mumbai and is often ranked among the top 10 B-Schools of India.
- Supply chain optimization and simulation.
- Machine learning in Operations Management and supply chain networks.
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in Manufacturing Systems and Supply chains.
- Random search algorithm/ Nature-inspired algorithms and its applications in Supply chains, Operations Management, Manufacturing Systems, and Sustainable supply chains.
- Digital Supply chains – Modelling and Simulation and IoT applications.
These are temporary research positions that may be offered to those who seek to choose research as a profession. The research work during the Post-Doctoral period is encouraged to be in interdisciplinary areas of mutual interest to both the Post-Doctoral Fellows and the Institute. Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to further enhance the interdisciplinary research culture at the Institute.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship shall carry a fixed monthly fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- (1st year), Rs. 65,000/- (2nd year). The Post-Doctoral Fellow will also be eligible for a non-lapsable contingency grant of Rs. 50,000/ p.a.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship will be awarded to persons holding a Ph.D. degree or equivalent degree life Fellows from IIMS and has published quality research work/ patents to their credit.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowships is intended for person normally below 35 years of age. However, for persons from teaching institutions recognized by AICTE/ UGC or persons sponsored by DSIR recognized industrial organizations, the maximum age limit shall be 45 years.
The Post-Doctoral Fellowship awarded to a researcher will be for a total period of two years, renewable on a yearly basis. The renewal of fellowship can be made on consideration of the research work carried out in the preceding year by an Assessment Committee.
How to Apply?
To apply online for the post-doctoral fellowships, click here.
Candidates are also requested to apply with cover letter curriculum vitae, list of publications (with the reprints of two most significant publications), two reference letters, a research statement describing past research and plans for future research by regular mail to Dean (SRIC), National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Vihar Lake, Powai, Mumbai- 400087.
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Smith Postdoctoral Fellowship in Conservation Research at USA [Fellowship Upto Rs. 44L]: Apply by Sept 4.