The Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI) welcomes applications to its active post-doctoral program in mathematics.
The Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI) is an institution dedicated to research in mathematics and theoretical physics, located in Allahabad (officially Prayagraj), Uttar Pradesh in India. Established in 1965, HRI offers a doctoral program in affiliation with the Homi Bhabha National Institute.
The Post-doctoral fellows at HRI have the opportunity to work with the members of the mathematics group in diverse areas including Number Theory, Cryptography, Group Theory, Representation Theory, Harmonic Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, and Differential Geometry. Post-doctoral fellowships are initially offered for one year, but they can be extended for a period of up to three years.
- Candidates applying for the Post-Doctoral Program should have a Ph.D. in Mathematics from a recognized university and should have qualified UGC-NET/ JRF/ GATE.
- Candidates having an externally funded fellowship can join HRI only if (s)he meets the criteria for being selected as a regular Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF).
- Thus every candidate who wishes to work at HRI as a PDF needs to go through the selection procedure for the Post Doctoral Position at HRI.
HRI no longer offers bridging postdoctoral fellowship, and therefore final Ph. D. degree is must at the time of joining the institute as a post-doctoral fellow. The PDF offer will expire if the candidate fails to join in the given session. The application by such candidates will not be considered again in the next session. Therefore the candidates are advised to choose the session accordingly.
How to Apply?
The application should be prepared as a single pdf file with the following documents, in the given order:
- Covering letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- A list of referees
- A research plan for the next two years
- Ph.D. degree / Provisional certificate, if available
- Document showing prior PDF experience, if any.
The CV should contain relevant academic details like the area of specialization, Name of the thesis supervisor, Date of Ph.D. degree/ Ph.D. Defence/ Date of submission of the Ph.D. thesis, whichever is available, and details of prior PDF positions held if any. The application as a single pdf file should be mailed to the Mathematics PDF Committee at the email: email@example.com with subject Appln. for math PDF.
The last date to apply is June 30, 2020. The selected candidates will be informed by email by the 30th of July.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Doctoral Program in Mathematics at Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad: Apply by April 30.