The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh invites applications from meritorious candidates for the Post-Graduate Fellowship Program for the year 2020. Admission to various Fellowship PGI/Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) conducted at the Institute is made twice a year. The sessions commence from the first of January and the first of July each year.
The Institute follows a Residency Service-cum-Training Scheme. Candidates admitted to Fellowship/ Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) are called Fellows.
- Breast Surgery
- Medical Parasitology
- PET Imaging
- Spine Surgery
- Renal and Pancreatic Transplantation
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Pediatric Radiology
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Women’s Imaging
- Apheresis Technology and Applications
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Laboratory Immunology and Molecular Laboratory
- A candidate must have passed MD/MS from a University/ Institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Must have either completed or due to complete, two years senior residency in the concerned department on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
- Must be registered with the Central/ State medical registration council.
The Entrance Examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The Entrance Test shall be held on 14.06.2020 (Sunday) and duration shall be 01 hours (one hour / 60 minutes) for Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship courses.
The Online (CBT) Entrance Test will be conducted in one shift: Timing – 9.00 A.M. to 10.00 A.M. The entrance examination, to be conducted at Chandigarh, Bangalore, Delhi & Kolkata.
- Selection of candidates for Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship PGI courses will be made on merit based on their performance in the theory examination.
- The theory examination will consist of a paper with two parts (Part1- General, and Part2- Specialty), each with 30 marks.
- Candidates (both general and sponsored/deputed) who score at least 50% marks will qualify for a final interview with the Selection Committee/ Counselling Committee.
The Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship course has a duration of one academic year. During this period, the Fellow / Postdoctoral Fellow except Sponsored candidates are entitled to emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India. At present, this translates to the basic pay of Rs.71800/- in the pay matrix (Level-11) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable.
How to Apply?
Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 1500/-. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship (July 2020) application form closes: May 16, 2020
- Computer-Based Entrance Test for Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship courses: June 14, 2020
- Expected date of declaration of result: June 20, 2020
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Senior Residents, Medical Officers & Demonstrators at PGIMER Chandigarh [159 Vacancies]: Apply by Apr 26.