The Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi invites applications from eligible and meritorious candidates for the Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships for the year 2020-21. The Post-Doctoral Fellowships are available in various departments.
The Banaras Hindu University-a premier Indian university invites applications for a number of postdoctoral fellowships for Foreign Nationals, PIO & OCI, as a follow up on its recent elevation as the Institutions of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India.
Designated as the ‘Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships’, this program offers up to 100 positions in all disciplines of Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Other Professional Disciplines.
- Ph.D. from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking) and a very good academic record throughout or a postdoctoral experience of three years from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking).
- Candidates have evidenced and independent research capability and have publications in high impact journals.
- Age limit: less than 35 years of age.
Rupees 1.00 lakh per month (approximately $1500 per month). In addition, the candidate will be entitled to an annual research grant of Rs. 3.00 lakh. Few campus accommodations are available at a nominal rent.
These fellowships are awarded for a duration of 3 years which may be extended for another 2 years on the favorable evaluation by the concerned review committee.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the Post-Doc positions are required to create a list of the following documents:
- Proposed research plan (up to 500 words).
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all Publications.
- PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications and a brief description of the candidate’s contribution.
- Consent from a faculty member from BHU, who is willing to host may be attached.
- Recommendation letter of thesis supervisor or PDF advisor.
The Candidates are requested to create a PDF file with all the above documents and required details which could be sent to the Coordinator, IoE Cell, BHU at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 30th May 2020. The PDF application also to be copied to the concerned Director/Dean/Head of the Institute/Faculty/Department/Centre and the faculty member willing to host.
To download the application format, click here.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Post Doctoral Fellowship Program at IIT Bhubaneswar: Applications Open.