The University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad invites applications from meritorious candidates for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2020.
The Scheme for Post Doctoral Fellows provides research funding to young scientists to undertake independent research of innovative/ commercialize/ patentable nature in emerging and frontier areas of Agriculture and allied fields. The scheme is meant to pursue innovative ideas and provide a platform to undertake independent research.
- To provide research support to young scientists for pursuing exciting and innovative research ideas.
- To provide opportunities for freshly passed out meritorious Doctoral candidates for temporary employment.
- Involve innovative young scientists in the Agriculture Technologies development process/Basic/ Strategic research.
- The Scheme is open to Ph.D. graduates.
- The applicant should not possess any regular employment.
- The budget will be completely administered by the Dean (PGS) UAS, Dharwad.
- The proposals shall be screened and approved by a committee headed by Vice-Chancellor as Chairman and Director of Education, Director of Research, Director of Extension, Head of Department of the concerned department as members, Dean (PGS) as member convenor to decide to fund.
- The selected candidate will be paid a monthly fellowship of Rs.35,000.
- Contingency grant shall be provided for equipment, consumables, travel, analytical charges, and contingencies, etc.,
- There is no provision for providing support to any category of research staff, skilled helper/Labour/Field Assistant.
Initially the fellowship is tenable for 2 years and extendable for one more year on the recommendation of the PDF selection committee.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
- All care must be taken to write a good scientific proposal.
- The proposal should contain significant novelty and should lead to the enrichment of scientific knowledge.
- The Post-Doctoral fellow shall submit a monthly activity schedule for undertaking the project.
- The Post-Doctoral fellow shall submit a quarterly report in brief about the research progress in both physical and financial values.
For further details, click here.