Applications are invited for admission to the full-time Post-Doctoral Fellowship (P.D.F.) program with the Government of India fellowship for the academic session 2021-2022 at the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai.
The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. It was established in Mumbai in July 1956; until July 1970, it was known as the Demographic Training and Research Center (DTRC), and until 1985, it was known as the International Institute for Population Studies (IIPS).
- Candidates having a Ph.D. degree in Population Studies or subjects related to Population, Health, Gender, Development, and Social Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Eligible foreign candidates can also apply for admission, provided they secure financial support from any outside agency.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the P.D.F.
- Desirable: Publications in peer-reviewed journals/ edited books.
- The upper age limit is 40 years as of June 30, 2021.
The selected Indian candidates will be awarded Government of India fellowship @Rs. 50,000/- plus HRA per month for one year.
Selection will be based on the research proposal presentation and personal Interview. The Institute shall not bear the travel expense of the candidates called for the presentation and interview. All selected candidates shall be paid to-and-fro economy class air-fare expenses at the time of joining and completing the program. All selected candidates are required to be at the Institute as full-time research fellow.
How to Apply?
- The non-refundable processing fee is Rs. 1000/- for the General category, Rs. 500/- for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Rs. 500/- for EWS category, Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST/ PWD category.
- The bank draft should be in the favour of the Director, IIPS, Mumbai. The Processing fee will not be charged from the foreign candidates while submission of application forms.
- The hard copy of the CV, copies of academic qualifications and work experience, publication reprints, and research proposal should reach “The In-charge, Academic Section, International Institute for Population Sciences, Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088” on or before July 01, 2021.
- The Institute reserves every right to decide on the number of seats to be filled or cancel the course at any moment.
- The Institute also reserves the right to change/ alter certain rules at any time.
- The date of the research proposal presentation and personal interview will be communicated later.
For full notification, click the link below.