Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Physics) at IIT Roorkee for the year 2021. The last date of application is 3 September.
The Department of Physics at the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic researchers for postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Prof. Vipul Rastogi on the project “Optical waveguide grating based sensors and wavelength filters“.
The prospective candidate is expected to have a strong background in the area of Guided-wave Photonics and have thorough experience on design and modelling of guided wave optics and optical components and devices. The postdoc is also supposed to have a working experience on design and modelling of optical waveguides and gratings. The postdoc will be working on the design and modelling ofdevices and components such as sensors and wavelength filters based on gratings in optical waveguides.
- Essential: PhD in Physics/Photonics/Electronics or equivalent.
- Desirable: Experience in modelling and simulation of optical waveguides.
Candidates who have recently submitted their thesis are also eligible to apply subject to the condition that they will furnish the proof of the award of Ph.D. degree at the time of interview at IIT Roorkee if shortlisted.
Candidates can apply with the following
- Cover letter addressed to Head, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee Roorkee – 247667 Uttarakhand INDIA Kind Attn.: Prof. Vipul Rastogi
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications (with the most significant publications highlighted)
- Research statement describing past research and plans for future research in the context of the title of project
- by e-mail (Subject Line: Application for Postdoc position in “Optical waveguide grating based sensors and wavelength filters”
All the documents arranged in one PDF file named as “Candidate Name Institute of PhD Degree Year of PhD”) should be sent by e-mail to: Email: physics firstname.lastname@example.org (and copy to email@example.com).
Duration and Fellowship amount: The duration of the fellowship will be of two years, extendable to one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the Department as soon as offer letter has been released. A consolidated fellowship of Rs. 55,000.00 per month for the first 2 years and Rs. 60,000.00 per month for the third year and a contingency of Rs. 50,000.00 per annum will be awarded to PostDoctoral Fellow.
Last date of application is 3 September 2021.
You may also be interested in: