The Cancer Institute (WIA), as you are aware, is a public charitable voluntary institute dedicated to the care of cancer for for the last 60 years. It has both a National and International stature.
The Institute is a comprehensive cancer centre comprising of a hospital of 535 beds, a research division, a college of oncological sciences and a division of preventive oncology and provides state of art treatment to one and all.
Who may apply?
- Candidates applying for the post doctoral fellowship course in Oncopathology at the Institute should have passed D. (Pathology)/ equivalent examination of the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University or any other equivalent Indian University recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- Candidates who have written their examination and awaiting the results are not eligible to apply
How to apply?
- All the entries in the application form must be legibly written by the candidate in his/her own handwriting.
- An Account Payee Demand Draft dated not earlier than May 7, 17 in favour of the Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai – 20, for Rs.2,500/- (Rupees Two thousand five hundred only) towards Registration fee, should be attached to each application. This fee will not be refunded under any circumstance, whether the candidate is called for the entrance examination or not.
- Candidate should provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with the application.
- Every application with all enclosures securely fastened should be sent addressed to the DIRECTOR (ADMN.) & DEAN, CANCER INSTITUTE (WIA), EAST CANAL BANK ROAD, GANDHI NAGAR, ADYAR, CHENNAI – 600 020, Tamil Nadu.
- Kindly mention on the top of the envelope “Post doctoral fellowship course in Oncopathology”.
- The last date for the receipt of duly filled applications to the office f the Cancer Institute (WIA) is 20th May 2017, 5.00 PM by courier or speed post.
Please note: Candidates have to report at 8 A.M. on 23th May, 2017 to the Library, 1st floor, Bhagwan Adinath Jain Complex, Cancer Institute (WIA), Dr.S.Krishnamurthi campus, 38 Sardar Patel Road, Chennai – 600 036 (Next to IIT, Madras).
There will be a preliminary examination and shortlisted candidates will be eligible for interview on the same day.
Address: No:38, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai – 20
Phone:(+044) 2220 9150 / (+044) 2443 7300
Kindly click here to view the official notification and the registration form.