Applications are invited from meritorious and eligible candidates for the Post-Doctoral Fellowships at The Indian Institute of Population Sciences, Mumbai. Apply by July 1, 2020.
The International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. It was established in Mumbai in July 1956; until July 1970, it was known as the Demographic Training and Research Center (DTRC), and until 1985, it was known as the International Institute for Population Studies (IIPS).
Number of Fellowships
Five (5). There are Five (5) GOI Fellowships available. The selected Indian candidates can be awarded a Government of India fellowship at Rs. 50,000/- per month initially for one year only and is extendable for one more year on genuine case.
- Candidates having Ph.D. degree in Population Studies or subjects related to Population, Health, Gender, and Development are eligible to apply.
- Eligible foreign candidates can also apply for admission, provided they secure financial support from any outside agency. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for P.D.F.
- Publication in a peer-reviewed journal, the publication of books, and research reports. The upper age limit is 40 years as on 30th June on the year of application.
- Candidates who have already passed the qualifying examinations and those who have already appeared/
shall be appearing in the final qualifying examinations are eligible to apply.
- However, admission of the candidate will be canceled if she/he fails to furnish the final examination results by September 30, 2020.
Rs. 50,000/- per month
One year full-time, tenable at the Institute.
How to Apply?
The non-refundable processing fee is Rs. 1000/- for General category, Rs. 500/- for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Rs. 500/- for EWS category, Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD category. The bank draft should be in favor of Director, IIPS, Mumbai. A processing fee will not be charged from the foreign candidates while submission of application forms.
Post Doctoral Fellowship applicants are required to send a hard copy of the application along with supporting documents, and comprehensive research proposal to “The In-charge, Academic Section, International Institute for Population Sciences, Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088” on or before July 01, 2020.
Phone Number: 022 42372400
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.