DA-IICT has a vibrant research community in the field of Information and Communication Technology. The purpose of the post-doctoral positions is to allow highly motivated fresh PhD graduates to engage in research activities in collaboration with Institute faculty. The post-doctoral fellowships are not intended for PhD graduates of DA-IICT.
About the DA-IICT
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, is a private college located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. It is named after the Gujarati entrepreneur and Reliance group founder Dhirubhai Ambani. It is run by the Dhirubhai Ambani Foundation and is promoted by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
DA-IICT is currently seeking post-doctoral candidates in the following three areas of special interest:
- Wireless Communications and Embedded systems: 5G and 6G communication, Mixed signal VLSI design, Robotics
- AI and ML: Data science, NLP, Adversarial ML, Computational Statistics, HPC, Parallel Processing
- Information Security: Cryptography, Hardware security, Blockchain security
Successful candidates are expected to associate with one or more research teams exploring cutting-edge problems in the above areas.
- Post-docs will be expected to contribute significantly towards enhancing Institute’s publication outputs in top-tier conferences/workshops/journals.
- Post-docs will be encouraged to assist faculty in activities such as grant writing and conducting tutorials/practicals.
- Post-docs will also be eligible to serve as co-guide for PG project/thesis.
- A consolidated fellowship of Rs 75,000 per month with revision after one year based on performance appraisal
- Medical insurance and other facilities (as per Institute norms)
- Travel and contingency support up to Rs 1 lakh per year to present/publish research papers(as per Institute norms)
Tenure of Appointment
- The post-doc position is on a contractual basis for a maximum period of two years. However, extension for another year may be considered for candidates who have shown exceptional performance during the first two years.
- Evaluation will be carried out at least once a year, based on publication outputs (quality and quantity).
- Candidates must have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or an allied discipline, from a reputed institution.
- Candidates should apply within 6 months of obtaining their PhD degree. Those candidates who have submitted their thesis, but not completed defense, can also be considered.
- The candidate should have at least two first-authored publications in top-tier journals/conferences in the above mentioned areas of special interest.
- Strong background in mathematics, statistics, optimization, programming
- Prior experience in writing grant proposals with a mentor
- Worked as a teaching assistant in UG/PG courses
- Applications would be considered throughout the year.
- Candidates who are short-listed based on the quality of their CV and research statement would be interviewed before the final selection is made.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by filling the application form available here.
For more details, click the link below.
Note: This is a sponsored post.