Applications are invited in on-line mode only for selection under Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (IPDF) program at IIT Guwahati in the Departments of Bioscience and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Design and Centre for the Environment.
- PhD degree holders with first class or equivalent in preceding degree and having consistently a good academic record.
- From the PhD thesis or Post-PhD work, at least two research publications in refereed journals/conference proceedings.
- Not completed five years from the date of completion of PhD programme.
- A PhD student who has submitted thesis but not completed the PhD programme can also apply. However, such candidate is expected to complete the PhD programme and submit provisional or original PhD degree certificate within 6 months from the date of joining as IPDF.
- A PhD degree holder from IIT Guwahati is eligible to apply only after gaining one year of post-PhD relevant experience and the (opted) mentor is other than his/her PhD supervisor(s).
- Age Limit: Maximum Age is 35 years. It can be relaxed by 5 years for women, reserved category and PWD candidates.
- For an IPDF who has submitted PhD degree certificate: Between Rs.54,000 – 66,000 consolidated pay (depending upon the experience and qualification)
- For an IPDF who has not submitted PhD degree certificate: Rs.40,000/- consolidated pay.
- An annual increment of Rs.6000/- is granted based on the satisfactory performance as per the assessment report of the PAC subject to the following conditions:
After the increment the consolidated pay is to be less than or equal to Rs.66,000/-
After the increment, if the consolidated pay amount exceeds Rs.66,000/-, then the consolidated pay will be fixed as Rs.66,000/- and it will remain same further.
- Contingency Grant: Contingency grant for IPDFs will be provided as below: 1st and 2nd Year of the PDF programme: Rs.50,000/- [Lapsable] and 3rd Year of the PDF programme [if the extension is granted]: Rs.50,000/- [Lapsable].
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidate can apply online via this page.
Last date for receipt of completed online application form: 10-01-2020