Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR New Delhi) has invited application from the eligible candidates for the Post Doctoral Fellowships. Duly filled application forms should reach the undersigned on or before 27.12.2019. The selected fellows will be awarded a fellowship of Rs. 30800/- per month and a contingency grant of Rs. 22000/- per annum for a period of two years.
Scholars who have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects, and desire to work on approved research themes at recognized Institutions of Research or Universities under the guidance of a senior scholar. The applicants for the Fellowship should be affiliated with a University or a research institute of repute.
How to apply?
- Eligible and interested scholars may apply in prescribed application form. The candidates are requested to download the application form from our website (i.e. www.ichr.ac.in)
- A detailed synopsis (Five copies) on the proposed research topic should be submitted (both soft copy & hard copy) along with the application and requisite documents/certificates.
- The applicant should attach self attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, research experience and signed copy of check list etc., and to be sent by post to the following address: Member Secretary, Indian Council of Historical Research No. 35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi –110001.
- And also, soft copy / electronic copy should be sent on email, adr.pdf[at]ichr.ac.in by 27.12.2019.
- The maximum number of Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDF) available for the year 2020- 2021 are 10 (ten) only, applying the usual reservation for SC, ST& PwD.
- The Fellowship shall be a whole-time engagement for research work and cannot be combined with any other whole time or part-time work (for details see Terms and Conditions in the ICHR Research Funding Rules booklet, ‘Chapter II- Fellowships’ which is available in official website
- The period of the Fellowship shall be for a maximum period of Two years only.
- The award of PDF will be through presentation-cum-interview.
Fee: An application fee of Rs. 600/- (Rupees six hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, payable at Delhi; [candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) category are exempted from payment of the fee].